Fire Rated Insulated Glass Units
FireLite insulated glass units (IGU) are sealed units comprised or FireLite (a transparent wire-free ceramic glass) and a secondary pane of glass to meet the customers requirements. These can be fire rated for up to 90 minutes in walls and doors, and up to 180 minutes in temp-rise doors. These units also pass the required hose stream test and positive pressure tests.
FireLite IGUs are typically 1" thick overall, but this thickness can change depending on the requirements for the secondary pane of glass. These are available in impact resistant safety glass meeting ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat I and II. FireLite insulated glass units are available with the many glass options:
Optional secondary panes include:
- Leaded X-Ray Glass (for medical imaging rooms)
- One-Way Mirror Pane (for single sided privacy)
- Frosted Glass (for two-way privacy)
- Bullet Resistant Glass
- Clear Tempered Glass
- Many more options are available
Fire Rated X-Ray Lead Glass IGU
We can meet the lead equivalency and fire rating your project requires in a single glass unit. Fire rated x-ray lead glass insulated glass units are available with fire ratings up to 180 minutes in doors (with size limits) and 90 minutes in walls. The minimum thickness is 1" and will increase depending on lead shielding value requirements. These units are available in approximately 1 week. We also offer lead lined fire rated frames to accept the units for wall or door applications.
- Overall Thickness: 1"+
- Lead Equivalency: 1/16" -- 1.6mm -- 4# (higher lead equivalenncies are available upon request)
- Weight: 12#/sq.ft. (or more depending on composition)
- Maximum size: 96" x 48" (changes based on fire rating)
- Labeling: Permanently labeled with fire rating and safety rating if applicable
- Fire rating: 20, 45, 60, 90, 120, and 180 minute depending on requirements
- Meets: UL 10C, UBC 7-2, and UBC 7-4
- Available in impact resistant safety glass. Safety glass is permanently labeled meeting ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 requirements
You can request a quote by emailing us at email@example.com
Fire Rated Insulated Glass for Rated Walls
Fire Rated FireLite IGU's are approved for 45 minute or 60 minute fire rated walls or partitions with up to 3,325 square inches of maximum exposed glass area.
Fire rated FireLite IGU's are also approved in 90 Minute Rated Walls up to 2,627 square inches of maximum glass area with a 56-1/2" maximum width or 56-1/2" maximum height.
FireLite Safety Rated Insulated Glass Units for Non-Temperature Rise Fire Rated Doors
Fire Rated Insulated Glass Units for doors consist of safety rated 3/16" FireLite-NT (Safety Filmed) or 5/16" FireLite Plus (Laminated) and are approved for use in non-temperature rise fire rated Doors with 20, 45, 60, and 90 minute fire ratings with required Hose Stream Test and Positive Pressure Tests.
Fire Ratings of 20, 45, and 60 minutes have a maximum exposed glass size of 36" x 89" in doors
Fire Ratings up to 90 minutes have a maximum exposed glass size of 36" x 56-1/2"
FireLite Insulated Glass Units for Temperature Rise Fire Rated Doors
FireLite fire rated insulated glass units are approved for temperature rise fire rated doors are approved for 180 minutes but have a 100 square inch maximum exposed glass area.
Bullet Resistant Fire Rated IGUs
We offer several products for applications that require bullet resistance and a fire rating. We can supply glass to meet a 2 hour fire rating and UL 752 Level 3 bullet resistance.
For more info on bullet resistant levels, product data, or to request a quote please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fire Rated IGU Certifications, Listings & Approvals
- UL 9, UL 10B, UL 10C
- NFPA 80, NFPA 252, NFPA 257
- UBC 43.4, UBC 7-2, UBC 7-4
- CAN4 S-104, CAN4 S-106
- CSFM 43.7
- Approved for use in Los Angeles, CA: LARR 25798, and New York City, NY: MEA 290-90-M-6
Contact Us for Fire Rated Insulated Glass Today
Contact us for more information on our fire rated insulated glass units, or request a quote today