X-Ray Lead Glass (2mm Lead Equivalent)
We provide lead glass for your project-specific requirements. Select from standard sizes or request a quote for custom sizes or lead thicknesses.
All the x-ray lead glass listed here meet 2mm lead equivalency based @ 150kvp. We offer higher lead equivalencies if required.
While this is the most common lead equivalency for general x-ray rooms used by doctors, dentists, chiropractors, and medical centers; you will still need to check with your local health official or radiation physicist to determine the required lead shielding for your room.
To request a quote on a custom size or lead equivalency Click Here
The prices below include shipping.
Standard X-Ray lead glass does not meet impact resistant requirements to be used in doors or within 24" of doors.
Impact resistant X-Ray safety glass is available upon request and meets ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR Part 1201 CAT II and is permanently labeled as safety glass in compliance with ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16 CFR Part 1201 CAT II for impact resistance.
- Over 50 standard sizes up to 96" x 48"
- 1 to 3 day standard fabrication
- Many x-ray protective shielding levels available
- Safety rated impact resistant or laminated available upon request
- Available with lead lined telescoping frames for walls or lead lined vision frames doors
- Our x-ray protective lead glass meets Federal Specification DD-G-451 and ASTM C1036 requirements and all applicable current NCRP and ICRP lead glass criteria and standards in physical quality descriptions.
- Our Lead Glass also meets or exceeds National Council of Radiation Protection (NCRP) Report No. 49 and No.147, and also ICRP lead glass criteria and standards in physical quality descriptions and required densities.
X-Ray Glass is:
- Available in 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm and 3.7mm lead shielding equivalences and higher ratings are available upon request.
- The highest density x-ray lead glass available for the most efficient medical radiation shielding quality, and yet also allowing approx. 88% spectral light transmission.
- Uniformly dense and is a composition of high quality materials providing a dependable shielding value.
- Utilized for medical x-ray, gamma, alpha and beta photon shielding only.
- Not for thermal neutron or fast neutron shielding. X-Ray lead glass will NOT shield against Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), electro-magnetism or radio-frequency, ultrasound, laser or any non-ionizing types of radiation.
- Customer must verify lead equivalency meets the shielding requirements of the room
- Payment will be required to begin fabrication.
Once fabrication begins, no cancellations or changes may take place
- By placing this order and paying you accept and have verified sizes, quantities, lead equivalency, and accept the terms for shipping / receiving and returns / replacement
- All products must be inspected upon delivery in the presence of the delivery driver. Once the product is received and the delivery receipt is signed, no claims for damage will be entertained. If there is damage, note it on the delivery receipt and contact us immediately.
- All radiation shielding calculations must be determined by a radiation physicist.